- Ohio, 1998
- The Ohio State University – Moritz College of Law, J.D., Public Service Fellow, 1997
- The Ohio State University – Honors College, B.A., magna cum laude, 1994
- Eight-hour domestic violence in-service training to law enforcement
- Columbus Police Department recruit OVI-I training
- Columbus Police Department OVI-II Advanced OVI Detection
- Ohio State Highway Patrol speed school
- Ohio State Highway Patrol OVI mock motion hearings
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Certified Instructor, National Institute of Trial Advocacy, 2018
- Best Lawyers, Best Lawyers, LLC, 2018
- Best Attorneys in Columbus, Expertise, 2018
- Ohio Man Facing Third OVI in 10 Years Sees Charge Reduced, OVI charge reduced
Attorney Bryan Bowen is a skilled criminal defense lawyer with experience in jury and bench trials involving drunk driving charges, drug crimes, and other criminal matters.
He attended The Ohio State University, graduating magna cum laude with a degree in History. Law school followed, at The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law. Here, Mr. Bowen was awarded the distinction of being named a Public Service Fellow for his commitment to providing legal representation to underserved communities through the Legal Aid Society of Columbus.
He has practiced in numerous courts throughout Ohio, as well as in Chicago, Illinois, almost always in the areas of criminal and traffic law. He has tried and won jury trials ranging from first-degree murder defense down to disorderly conduct and other criminal matters, has tried hundreds of bench trials, litigated dozens of motions to suppress evidence, and is a certified instructor in trial skills from the highly-respected National Institute of Trial Advocacy. Mr. Bowen has spent time as both a prosecutor and a defense attorney during his career, giving him critical insight into evaluating cases from both perspectives, and integrating that information into formulating the best and most effective plan to represent his clients.
Throughout his career, Mr. Bowen has been a speaker at numerous trainings and seminars. He has been asked to provide training to multiple law enforcement agencies in the areas of domestic violence and alcohol-impaired driving, and has gone through exactly the same training as both police recruits and more experienced officers in DUI sobriety testing in Ohio for both alcohol and drug-impaired drivers.
Outside of court, Mr. Bowen and his wife of twenty years enjoy reading, cooking, live theater, hiking, travel, and playing with their Shetland Sheepdog, Finn.